Saturday, April 7, 2012

He is Risen!

First off, if you are reading this, it is April 6th, 7th or 8th and you haven't been to mormon.org/easter, GO NOW!!

In honor of the Easter holiday this weekend I would like to focus my blog today on the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Christ was resurrected after three days and He came to His people in Jerusalem.  He showed them the prints in His hands and His feet.  He invited all to come unto Him.  Then He said, "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." (John 10:16) He then left the people.

What's neat though is what happened next.  Christ came and visited His other sheep, in the Americas.  This wonderful visit is recorded in the Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi.  In chapter 9 Christ first talks to the people.  He says "Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God ... I came unto my own, and my own received me not  And the scriptures concerning my coming are fulfilled." (v 15-16)  and in 3 Nephi 11:10: "Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world."

He then proceeds to teach the people that He has come to fulfill the work of His Father, and that it is only through Him that we can return to live with God again.

Wow!  I am just filled with gratitude for my Savior.  He lives!  He loves us!  We have the fulness of His gospel on earth and it is so neat that we have the proof in the Book of Mormon.  This year I realized that the Easter story is made complete by the chapters in 3 Nephi.  It is a reminder to us that Christ still lives, He loves us, and He is the way to return to live with Him.

I hope you enjoy this clip.  I know He lives and I am so grateful for it.  I am grateful for the hope and peace that comes through His Atonement.  I am grateful He loves us enough to provide a way for us to return to live with Him.  He is my Savior, He is my King.  He is my Joy and my Song.  I love Him and I know He lives!!!