Friday, June 29, 2012

I Love To See The Temple



I love to see the temple



I'm going there some day



To feel the Holy Spirit



To listen and to pray



For the temple is a house of God



A place of love and beauty



I'll prepare myself while I am young



This is my sacred duty




When I was a little girl this was one of my favorite songs to see.  We have a video recording of me when I was two years old jumping up and down on my moms bed singing this song.

The temple really is a sacred place.  It is the house of God, a place where we go to learn about our Heavenly Father and to strengthen our relationship with Him. 

When I was little I also thought that the blessings of the temple were outside of my reach.  I thought that you had to be extra special or extra good to go inside.  I thought that only the really important people could go in.  What's wonderful about the temple though, is that the requirements to go into the temple are within all of our reach.

In order to be worthy to attend the temple we need to be living the standards of the church.  If we are in good standing with the doctrines of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and we have a testimony we are qualified to enter the temple.  What a blessing that is! 

Temples are a place of peace.  The world is in so much turmoil and it is really easy to get caught up in everything and not be able to see straight.  As we enter the house of the Lord our understanding is clear.  We are reminded of our purpose on earth and we are able to set our priorities straight.

I am so grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  One of the greatest blessings of the gospel is the knowledge that we are given in the temple.  My family can be together forever!!  I am so grateful for this knowledge!!  I know that the Priesthood power of God is on the earth today and this is the reason why we have these wonderful blessings of the temple.

I pray that we all can prepare to go to the temple.  If you have already been, go again.  If you have not yet been, prepare to go.  As we live worthy of a temple recommend we are entitled to the blessing and guidance of the Lord. 

To learn more about temples, please go to http://mormon.org/faq/#Temples