Saturday, June 2, 2012

What Thinks Christ of Me?

The Lord really does know each of us, and He loves us more than we can even imagine.

"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;" DC 18:10

This last week we got our monthly newsletter.  In it contained "missionary moment" where one of the missionaries shares an experience they had.  This particular experience was shared by the sisters who are now in the area I last served in.  They shared about a couple who they are teaching.  The husband had not really been interested in the gospel or the Book of Mormon, but he would sit in on lessons.  The sisters asked him if he would just try reading the Book of Mormon.  He said he was just too busy.  The sisters were prompted to tell him that if he made time for God, God would make time for him.  They challenged him to read one verse a day and think about it for a few minutes.  They checked in with him a few weeks later and he was so excited to report that he had been blessed with a new job that required less hours of him, thereby allowing him more time to spend with his daughter.

What a neat experience?  They really were prompted by the spirit and they all saw the blessings of being obedient.  This experience though had special meaning to me for a different reason.  I have been struggling the last couple of weeks feeling like I am enough, or that I am doing enough.  I sometimes wonder if I am wasting my time being here because I don't feel like I am doing any good.  What's neat about this experience though, is that I found this couple mentioned above.  We had knocked on their door weekly for three months trying to contact them and the last week I was there they were finally home.

What if I had given up on them?  What if I hadn't decided to come on my mission?  Their souls are worth enough to Heavenly Father that He sent hard-headed me to an area where I would knock a door until it was opened.  He loves that family and He wants them to have the gospel.

The worth of my soul is great to Heavenly Father too.  He loves me enough that He inspired the sisters to share this story with the mission office so I could know that I am making a difference.

The Lord loves each of us, and wants us to be happy.  He really does know us, and if we will take a second each day to recognize His hand in our life, we will come to realize that He is there, He knows us, and He is trying so hard to reach us so we can feel of His love.

This movie is just another example of God showing His love for "one of the least of these." I watched this earlier today and was reminded the worth of souls, every soul, is so great.


Don't give up, don't let the adversary let you think otherwise.  God loves you!!!  He knows you, and He you are worth it to Him.